You have permission to edit this article.
Edit

Belvidere home catches on fire early Saturday morning

  • 0
IMG_3355

BELVIDERE (WREX)— The Belvidere Fire Department and its auto-aid companies responded to a house fire at 1400 Block of 14th Avenue Saturday morning at around 7:55 a.m.

According to fire officials, the origin of the fire was the fireplace chase and the fire had extended into the attic upon fire department arrival.

Belvidere Fire Department was able to quickly extinguished the fire.

The occupants were able to escape safely from house fire and no one was injured in the fire.

Red Cross was notified and is assisting the family with immediate needs, authorities said. Fire officials estimate the damage will cost $40,000.