Accidents and sudden critical illnesses have no respect for time or place. They can strike day or night-at home, at work or on the road. For emergency doctors, nurses, paramedics and communications personnel, swift transport and skilled treatment are around-the-clock jobs-jobs they perform with a passion. As a Level I Trauma Center, OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center serves as the hub of an integrated network of emergency medical services that provides continuity of care.
Our network of emergency services includes:
- OSF Saint Anthony Level I Trauma Center and Emergency Department
- Lifeline Helicopter Service
- Lifeline Ambulance Services
- OSF Northern Illinois Emergency Medical Services (NIEMS) provides education and training for emergency personnel in the region
- MedComm, a communications center that receives calls for emergency assistance from physicians, emergency personnel serving in the region or hospital staff