Elgin Fire Department responds to dryer fire - WREX.com – Rockford’s News Leader

Elgin Fire Department responds to dryer fire

Posted:
ELGIN (WREX) -

Fire officials in Elgin responded to a dryer fire on Monday night.

All of the residents in the home were outside by the time officials arrived. The fire was located in the basement of the house which was in the 600 block of Packard Drive. When officials got there, they upgraded the fire to a working fire due to its potential to spread. 

No one was injured and the estimated loss from the fire was set at approximately $5,000 dollars. The home sustained smoke damage from the fire. 

Powered by Frankly