Multiple crews called for fire in Rockton - WREX.com – Rockford’s News Leader

Multiple crews called for fire in Rockton

Posted:
ROCKTON (WREX) -

UPDATE: The Rockton Fire Department says a space heater caused a fire at a duplex Thursday night. One person who was inside the home at the time got out safely. Neighbors were also evacuated. The fire department said it called for mutual aid but didn't end up needing it.

------------------------------------------------------------------

The Rockton Fire Department says it's on the scene of a building fire on the 12000 block of Summit Court.

Firefighters say everyone inside the building is being evacuated but they could not confirm what kind of building it is. They say it's possibly it is a duplex. Several other area fire departments have been called in to help.

13 News has a crew on the way to get more information. We'll bring you updates as they become available.

Powered by Frankly