Space heater starts barn fire in Beloit - – Rockford’s News Leader

Space heater starts barn fire in Beloit

Posted: Updated:

A barn in Beloit is destroyed after a space heater starts a fire.

According to the Beloit fire department it happened this morning at 3870 Gateway Boulevard.  Four horses were in the barn when the fire started, but they were rescued by the owner and police officers on the scene.

Firefighters needed to bring in help from surrounding departments, because of the brutally cold temperatures outside.

A bus was also called to the scene so cold firefighters could warm up.  The barn is a total loss along with a horse trailer that was parked near it.  The owner's home garage and car were also damaged. 

Investigators say what caused the fire was a space heater that malfunctioned.

Powered by Frankly