The Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity Office of Tourism is celebrating 4 consecutive years of record-breaking tourism industry numbers through an annual four day, 12-stop tour around Illinois, which will feature Rockford Brewing Company. Officials will announce a new tourism initiative during the tour called Illinois Made, a celebration of artisans, craftsmen and innovators unique to Illinois.
Other stops in the tour feature unique attractions from all over Illinois including the Hettenhauser Center for the Arts in Lebanon and the Curtis Orchard & Pumpkin Patch in Champaign.
In 2014, the state's tourism industry hosted more than 109.4 million visitors and generated more than $36.3 billion for the state's economy. State and local tax revenues from visitor spending rose to $2.7 billion in 2014, and these visitor expenditures directly supported more than 306,000 jobs.
The full tour and program schedule, July 27 through July 30, includes:
Monday, July 27
· Marion: 8:00 a.m. at Kokopelli Golf Course
· Effingham: 11:30 a.m. at Firefly Grill
· Lebanon: 1:30 p.m. at Hettenhauser Center for the Arts
Tuesday, July 28
· Quincy: 9:00 a.m. at The History Museum
· Springfield: 1:00 p.m. at Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum
· Bloomington: 4:00 p.m. at Epiphany Farms Restaurant and Farms
Wednesday, July 29
· Champaign: 8:00 a.m. at Curtis Orchard & Pumpkin Patch
· Peoria: 11:00 a.m. at Caterpillar Visitors Center
· Quad Cities: 2:30 p.m. at John Deere Pavilion
Thursday, July 30
· Rockford: 9:00 a.m. at Rockford Brewing Company
· Elgin: 11:30 a.m. at Elgin Artspace Lofts
· Rosemont: 4:00 p.m. at Hofbräuhaus Chicago
For more information about the Illinois tourism industry, please click here.