Grease fire leads to $60,000 in damages for Rockford home - WREX.com – Rockford’s News Leader

Grease fire leads to $60,000 in damages for Rockford home

Posted:
ROCKFORD (WREX) -

The Rockford Fire Department responded to a residential fire in the 2700 block of Marshall just before 2:00 p.m. Friday.

Upon arrival, crews found heavy smoke and fire in the home's first floor. After an "aggressive" interior attack, the fire was brought under control within 20 minutes. Rockford fire officials say a grease fire was the cause.

No one was injured and the Red Cross helped with temporary living arrangements for three adults.

The estimated loss was $60,000.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WREX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Trista Truesdale at (815) 335-7856. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.