Beloit Fire Department battles 2 house fires within 2 hours - – Rockford’s News Leader

Beloit Fire Department battles 2 house fires within 2 hours


The Beloit Fire Department was on its toes Wednesday morning, fighting two residential fires within two hours.

The busy morning started when crews were called to a home in the 1800 block of St. Lawrence Avenue at 2:52 a.m. Upon arrival, fire was showing from the front of the home and was starting to extend to the soffit and attic. The home's occupant was able to get out safely.

Firefighters say the fire began in the front porch and was an accidental electrical fire. A total of $15,000 in damage was done to the structure and $10,000 of damage to contents.

Just as firefighters were returning from that incident, the call came in for a residential fire in the 1400 block of Central Avenue at 4:52 a.m. Crews found heavy smoke inside the home when they got there, as well as fire located in the back of the home. Firefighters say it originated in the dining room and was accidental.

The owner of the home got out safely and there was a total of $15,000 in damages.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WREX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Trista Truesdale at (815) 335-7856. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at