Fire causes extensive damage to family home in Beloit - WREX.com – Rockford’s News Leader

Fire causes extensive damage to family home in Beloit

Posted:

Beloit firefighters say a residential fire at 2644 Butlin Court was caused by the fireplace overnight.

Responders received the call before midnight Saturday night. When they got there, fire was heavy smoke was showing from the back of the house.

The four people inside the home all got out safely. The fire started in the living room of the home then spread through the kitchen and attic.

In all, $55,000 in damage was caused.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WREX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Trista Truesdale at (815) 335-7856. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.