Rockford firefighters save a pair of houses, and the Red Cross comes in to help the people who live there.
The first one was a two story at 324 Forest Avenue. It started around 12:30pm in the kitchen near the stove. Fire crews got it under control quickly and kept it in the kitchen.
Everyone inside got out OK. The Red Cross is helping 8 people find a place to stay because of fire and smoke damage to the house. No one was hurt.
Investigators call it an accident and put the damage at $25,000.
The second fire happened around 4:45pm at 412 Underwood Street. Firefighters saw light smoke when they got to the scene. They contained the fire to the bedroom where it started. The Red Cross is helping an adult and two children displaced by this fire. Everyone got out of the house safely.
This fire is also an accident, with $15,000 in damage.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WREX. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Trista Truesdale at (815) 335-7856. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.