Water heater causes fire at Rockton's Gem Shop - WREX.com – Rockford’s News Leader

Water heater causes fire at Rockton's Gem Shop

Posted:
ROCKTON (WREX) -

Firefighters responded to the Gem Shop in the 100 block of West Main Street around 3:15 p.m. Tuesday for reports of a fire.

According to Kirk Wilson with Rockton Fire, the business' hot water heater ignited, causing about $15,000 in damages. Neighboring businesses Ray's Family Restaurant and Nature's Pantry Whole & Organic Foods suffered smoke damage.

No one was injured.

 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WREX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Trista Truesdale at (815) 335-7856. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.