A Rockford family has to find a new place to stay after fire tears through their home.
Rockford Firefighters were called to 817 Ellis Avenue around 10:30. Crews found a fire in the dryer in the kitchen area of the home. They were able to keep most of the damage to the kitchen, but there is a lot of smoke damage throughout. Damage is estimated to be around $20,000. No one was home, and no injuries were reported. Five children and an adult live there, and are getting help from the Red Cross.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WREX. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Trista Truesdale at (815) 335-7856. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.