Careless smoking causes Rockford fire - WREX.com – Rockford’s News Leader

Careless smoking causes Rockford fire

Posted:
ROCKFORD (WREX) -

Rockford firefighters responded to a house fire just before 2:00 p.m. Tuesday in the 700 block of Seminary Street.

Crews were able to save most of the burning home, but the front porch was heavily damaged. Investigators believe careless smoking is to blame.

Damage to the home was between $8,000 and $10,000.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WREX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Trista Truesdale at (815) 335-7856. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.