ROCKFORD (WREX) -
Rockford area residents can get a sneak peek of TED talks that won't make it to the internet until next month.
TEDxRockford will host a showing on February 28 of TED talks that were recorded in Long Beach, California on the previous day. Attendees can view as many of the talks as they want for free, and register for a lunch and open TEDxRockford meeting as well.
The doors open at 7:30 a.m. and the schedule is as follows:
- Session 1: Disrupt! - 7:45 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
- Designer Alastair Parvin, computer theorist Danny Hillis, yo-yo champion BLACK, public art instigator Lesley Perkes, artist Liu Bolin, musician and blogger Amanda Palmer, legal activist Larry Lessig
- Session 2: Dream! - 10:00 a.m. to noon
- Creative directors and choreographers Rich + Tone Taluega, serial entrepreneur Ellon Musk, screen engineer Mary Lou Jepsen, nuclear scientist Taylor Wilson, violinist Ji-Hae Park, environmentalist and futurist Stewart Brand
- Lunch Break - noon to 12:30 p.m.
- RSVP required if you are attending the meeting and would like a lunch - only available to the first 25 responses.
- Open Forum TEDxRockford Committee Meeting - 12:30 p.m. to 1:15 p.m.
- Collaborative TEDxRockford meeting to hear ideas and visions from the public
- Session 3: Create! - 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Graphic artist and director Martin Villeneuve, management theorist Andrew McAfee, bow designer Dong Woo Jang, multi-sense designer Jinsop Lee, food creator Barb Stuckey, multifaceted designer Yu "Jordey" Fu, designer Jacky Myint, shepherd of electrons Kate Stone, cancer detector inventor Jack Andraka
- Session 4: Sustain! 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Sustainability strategist Leyla Acaroglu, mouth musician Wang Li, science fair winners Miranda Yang and Jeanny Yao, energy software creator Alex Laskey, Afro-Cuban alchemists Pedrito Martinez Group, architect Michael Green, renegade gardener Ron Finley, grassland ecosystem pioneer Allan Savory
- After-event Discussion - 7:30 p.m.
To learn more, visit www.TEDxRockford.com.