Forreston man electrocuted at Lowes Distribution Center - WREX.com – Rockford’s News Leader

Forreston man electrocuted at Lowes Distribution Center

Posted:
ROCKFORD (WREX) -

A 53-year-old Forreston man is dead after being electrocuted while working at Rockford's Lowes Distribution Center.

Gregory Stewart was working on wiring in an office area around 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday when a nearby employee heard a noise and went to check on him. The employee found Stewart leaning against a wall.

Stewart was taken to Rockford Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. An autopsy later found Stewart was electrocuted.

The distribution center recently celebrated 300 days of being injury free.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WREX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Trista Truesdale at (815) 335-7856. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.