Fireplace embers start fire at Rockford home - WREX.com – Rockford’s News Leader

Fireplace embers start fire at Rockford home

Posted:
ROCKFORD (WREX) -

Fireplace embers that were improperly disposed of caused thousands of dollars in damage to a Rockford home.

Firefighters responded to 1911 Jonathan just after 2:00 p.m. on Monday. There, they saw light smoke coming from the back of the home from a garbage fire. The fire was contained to the outside of the home and there were no injuries, but there was about $5,000 in damage.

Twenty firefighters responded to the blaze.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WREX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Trista Truesdale at (815) 335-7856. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.