FREEPORT (WREX) -
In response to the heightened flu season, FHN Memorial Hospital is restricting visitors in an attempt to stop the spread of the virus.
The following rules have been implemented:
- No visitors under 18
- Only two visitors per patient at a time
- Visitors with fever, cough, or sore throat should not visit
- If they must, masks are required and will be provided
- Patients hospitalized with the flu may have visitors only when necessary for emotional well-being or care
- Respiratory hygiene/cough etiquette (covering coughs, disposing of tissues immediately after use, using hand sanitizer) must be followed at all times
The above rules apply to all patients, including those in OB and Pediatrics. Any questions can be forwarded to the nurse on duty.