Cat saved in DeKalb house fire - WREX.com – Rockford’s News Leader

Cat saved in DeKalb house fire

Posted:
DEKALB (WREX) -

There were no injuries after a residence caught fire in the 1700 block of Earl Court in DeKalb.

Firefighters responded around 5:30 a.m. Monday morning. Upon arrival, they were told everyone was out, but the family cat was still trapped inside. The fire, which originated in a spare bedroom, was contained to that room within 20 minutes of firefighters' arrival. The cat was saved by the first crews inside the home.

The cause of the fire was accidental and the estimated loss is $30,000.

Crews were on the scene for about two hours. Crews from Sycamore and Malta assisted the DeKalb Fire Department at the scene.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WREX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Trista Truesdale at (815) 335-7856. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.