Relatives of those involved in a fatal fire talk about the loss and what the community can do to help.
Not only are their loved ones gone but these family members have to go on living without a home and most of what was inside of it.
"The fire department really couldn't do anything. They said it was a lost cause because of the carbon monoxide and all the fire so they did as much as they could but there was no way to save them," said Danielle Gonzalez, sister to one of two survivors in the house.
According to some relatives, no cell phones meant an immediate 911 call was impossible for Ariel Cashatt and the other survivor of the fire.
More family live just down the block but the fire was too intense.
"We got dressed as fast as we could and ran down there and checked it out and my sister Savannah called 911," said Danielle.
Clothes can be replaced. Ariel's 10 month old, Isabella cannot.
"She was living with her grandma and doesn't have anywhere to go and she's lost everything. I mean, you lose a child and it's the worst feeling in the world," said Stephanie Cross.
21-year-old Douglas and 13-year-old Dominick Cashatt also didn't make it out alive.
Sharon Cashatt was Douglas' mother and grandmother to Dominick and great-grandmother to Isabella.
Katherine Lundberg and Danielle Gonzalez can only cling to the memory of their grandmother who to them was a hero.
"Grandma, she beat breast cancer so this is really hard to deal with right now and take in because she beat breast cancer and she was strong. She was tough as nails. We thought we'd go before she did so this is really hard, this is really hard," said Katherine.
If you'd like to help you can donate clothes or money at Trinity Lutheran Church in Rockford.