Natural gas explosion causes fire at Rockford condo - WREX.com – Rockford’s News Leader

Natural gas explosion causes fire at Rockford condo

Posted:
ROCKFORD (WREX) -

Rockford firefighters responded to the 700 block of Tulip Lane just after 10:00 a.m. Friday morning for a possible explosion and structure fire.

There, they found a flash fire and a partial building collapse. The fire was extinguished quickly and the natural gas leak controlled. The condo, which was vacant at the time of the incident, was ventilated to remove remaining trapped gas.

No injuries were reported and the incident is still under investigation. The estimated loss is $30,000.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WREX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Trista Truesdale at (815) 335-7856. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.