Funds available to help homeless in Boone & Winnebago counties - – Rockford’s News Leader

Funds available to help homeless in Boone & Winnebago counties


Programs helping the homeless in Boone and Winnebago counties could be eligible for some help themselves, thanks to grant money from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).

Homeless assistance grants from HUD are available to projects that house and care for homeless individuals and families through the Continuum of Care program (CoC). Applicants eligible for funding include the following:

  • States
  • Local governments
  • Other government agencies (such as public housing agencies)
  • Private nonprofit organizations
  • Community mental health associations that are public and nonprofit

The funds are also open to faith-based agencies with IRS 501(c)3 non-profit status, but the money cannot be used for programs requiring religious attendance or adherence.

The application is only available for permanent housing projects. Applications can be found at the Community Services Division of the City of Rockford Human Resources Department (555 North Court Street, Suite 301) or by emailing for an emailed copy.

Applications must be turned in by 3:00 p.m. on December 17, 2012.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WREX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Trista Truesdale at (815) 335-7856. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at