Roscoe chimney catches fire - WREX.com – Rockford’s News Leader

Roscoe chimney catches fire

Posted:
Harlem-Roscoe Firefighter Brandon Tietz checks for fire - photo credit Sheryl Drost Harlem-Roscoe Firefighter Brandon Tietz checks for fire - photo credit Sheryl Drost
ROSCOE (WREX) -

A dog alerted residents to a chimney fire after built-up creosote in the pipe and cap ignited.

The resident of a duplex on Burr Oak Road in Roscoe had started a fire in the home's fireplace. Soon, fire was coming out of the chimney.

By the time fire units arrived, the fire had burned itself out, but crews are warning individuals with fireplaces to make sure their chimneys are clean before using their fireplaces.

 

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WREX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Trista Truesdale at (815) 335-7856. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.