Extension cord causes house fire in Beloit - WREX.com – Rockford’s News Leader

Extension cord causes house fire in Beloit

Posted:
BELOIT (WREX) -

A home at 2018 Jackson Street caught fire just after midnight on Friday due to the failure of an extension cord.

The cord then caused the couch in the home to ignite. Upon arrival firefighters discovered smoke showing from the rear of the home and heavy smoke inside. The home's inhabitant was able to escape through a window to safety.

There was heat and extensive smoke damage throughout the first floor. Structure damage is about $40,000 and damage to structure is about $15,000.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WREX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Trista Truesdale at (815) 335-7856. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.