One injured in Beloit house fire - WREX.com – Rockford’s News Leader

One injured in Beloit house fire

Posted:
BELOIT (WREX) -

A 21-year-old man was injured after a kitchen fire in Beloit early Thursday morning.

The Beloit Fire Department responded just after midnight to find a fire in the kitchen area of a home in the 1300 block of Porter Avenue. The fire was caused by a hot oil spill in the kitchen, which caused mild fire and moderate smoke damage to the home. 21-year-old Michael Evers was burned and went to the hospital via a personal vehicle.

The estimated damage to the structure of the home is $5,000 and the estimated damage to the home's contents is $2,000.

The Red Cross is assisting the three adults displaced by the fire. They are staying in a local hotel.

Powered by WorldNow
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WREX. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service and Mobile Privacy Policy & Terms of Service.

Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Trista Truesdale at (815) 335-7856. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at fccinfo@fcc.gov.