A.J. Donatoni joined WREX as the Weekend Sports Anchor in April 2012.
Before coming to Rockford, A.J. was a sports reporter at KWYB in Bozeman, Montana for two years. While in Bozeman, he was the sideline reporter for Montana State football and hosted the Bobcat Sports Report.
A.J. attended Syracuse University and graduated in 2009 with a Bachelor's of broadcast journalism. He is originally from Villanova, Pennsylvania and his family still lives in the suburbs of Philadelphia.
Growing up in the midst of the rabid Philly sports fanbase, A.J. knew what he wanted to do from a young age. "I remember waking up way too early when I was in kindergarten, just so I could catch SportsCenter and read the sports section of The Philadelphia Inquirer before going to school. I've always been fascinated by the world of sports and media, and I'm so thankful for the opportunity to combine those for a living."
When A.J. isn't working, and the sun is shining, you can probably find him on the golf course. He enjoys the outdoors, classic rock and spending time with friends and family.
Little known facts about A.J.:
1. His family takes a vacation every summer to Taughannock Falls State Park near Ithaca, New York.
2. Favorite song is Kashmir by Led Zeppelin, which is his favorite band.
3. Had a letter to Sports Illustrated published in the September 26, 2005 issue.
4. Very similar to Homer Simpson when it comes to his constant craving for donuts (and other sweets).
5. Enjoys karaoke and usually ruins the night by choosing to sing something from the 1970s that nobody else has heard.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2013 WorldNow and WREX. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Trista Truesdale at (815) 335-7856. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.