Information on street parking during Winter Storms.
City of Rockford - Click for Updates
When a snow emergency is issued, people are required to park on the even side of the street on even-numbered days - and on the odd side of the street on odd-numbered days. Side of street change takes place at 8:00 a.m.
If possible, the city asks that you don't park on the streets at all if you don't have to.
Anyone who violates the parking rules can get a $50.00 ticket.
Snow emergencies can be declared once the city gets 2 or more inches of snow.
Cherry Valley - Click for Updates
Cherry Valley residents are required to move vehicles off residential streets to make way for snowplows whenever the National Weather Service issues a Winter Storm Warning.
Violators can be ticketed $25 to $75 for breaking village winter parking regulations.
When 2 or more inches of snow falls in the Village of Machesney Park, there is No Parking allowed on residential streets until snow removal is complete.
Village of Winnebago
After snow has fallen to a depth of 2 inches or more, there is no parking on any street in the Village of Winnebago until such time as the snow has been plowed (as per Village ordinance 04-21). Any vehicle parked on the street will be ticketed $25.00 - $50.00 per day and may be towed.
Village of Pecatonica
When a snow emergency is issued:
1. On even-numbered calendar days, vehicles may be parked on that side of the street where even-numbered buildings are, or would be located, between the hours of 8:00 A.M. to 8:00 A.M. on the following day.
2. On odd-numbered calendar days, vehicles may be parked on that side of the street where odd-numbered buildings are, or would be located, between the hours of 8:00 A.M. to 8:00 A.M. on the following day.
Winter Parking Regulations apply every day of month from December 1 to March 31.
· Even days of the month you must park on even-numbered side of street - generally West and North
· Odd days of the month you must park on odd-numbered side of street - generally East and South
· Streets that have designated parking on one side only for an entire city block, shall be exempt
· 8:00 am is the beginning hour for all streets in City (except in the Business District - see below)
· Odd-Even parking does not apply in Business District. Parking in the Business District is not allowed between the hours of 2:00 am and 5:00 am throughout the entire year. Business District is area bounded by Jackson Street, the Pecatonica River, Douglas Street, and Cherry Avenue, excepting the 300 block of West Douglas Street.
· No person shall pile or cause to be piled any snow on avenues, streets, boulevards, alleys, sidewalks or any other City-owned property, except at the direction of the Public Works Director. Further, no person shall pile or cause to be piled any snow to obstruct the vision at any intersection of any street, avenue, boulevard or alley within the City.
For questions, please call City of Freeport City Hall at 815-235-8200; Freeport Police Department (Non-emergency) at 815-235-8222; or Street Department at 815-235-8210.
Dixon - Click for Updates
The Dixon Police Department would like to remind citizens of the new Even / Odd parking procedure.
Between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.:
• On even numbered days (ex. – December 20th), cars will be required to park on the even numbered side of the street (ex. – the side of the street 320 West 9th Street is located on).
• On odd numbered days (ex. – December 21st), cars will be required to park on the odd numbered side of the street (ex. – the side of the street 321 West 9th Street is located on).
· Even / Odd parking rules do not apply to the Central Business District.
So for Thursday, January 12th, if we receive 2 inches or more of snow, cars are required to park on the even numbered side of the road. On Friday, January 13th, cars are required to park on the odd numbered side of the road. These rules are in effect until the snow has been removed from the roadway. City crews will be working diligently to get the streets cleaned as soon as possible. These rules do apply on the weekend.
No parking is allowed in all city parking lots and all streets located in the Central Business District from 2:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. Violators will be ticketed and towed.
The fines for "Snow Parking" violations are $75.00 and the vehicles will be towed. If anyone has questions about this ordinance, please contact the Dixon Police Department at 815/288-4411 or go to www.dixonpd.com.
Beloit - Click for Updates
When the City of Beloit declares a snow emergency no person shall cause nor allow the parking or standing of any vehicle, trailer or semi trailer, except emergency vehicles, upon any city street until after the period of declaration has come to an end. The Police Department may tow away any motor vehicle, trailer or semi trailer found in violation of this declaration at the owner's expense.
Janesville - Click for Updates
A snow emergency means that all vehicles must be removed from city streets and public parking lots until snow plowing operations are complete. To ensure that you do not receive a parking ticket, please keep your vehicle off city streets until they have been completely plowed.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 WorldNow and WREX. All Rights Reserved.
Persons with disabilities who need assistance with issues relating to the content of this station's public inspection file should contact Administrative Assistant Trista Truesdale at (815) 335-7856. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, at 888-835-5322 (TTY) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.